Meeting with foreign students at MPEI
The International Administration conducted a meeting with foreign students of our University of all years of study.
The meeting gathered more than 100 students from 53 countries.
The event was organized to carry out the informational work for a whole spectrum of tasks:
- convey to students the need to comply with the provisions of the Federal Law of the Russian Federation "About education in the Russian Federation"
- clarify the responsibility for non-compliance with the norms of the legislation of the Russian Federation in terms of migration registration and medical support for foreign citizens temporarily staying in the territory of the Russian Federation,
- to prevent the spread of extremism and terrorism, incitement of interethnic hatred among the youth
- inform about measures to prevent illicit trafficking of psychoactive substances and narcotic drugs;
- explain the need to comply with preventive measures to cease the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- talk about the provisions of local regulations of the university
The meeting was attended by Alexander Tarasov, Vice-Rector on International Relations, Alexander Shepilov, Head of the Lefortovo campus, Shamil Jamalov, Head of the Security Regime Department, Lubov Lyashenko, Assistant to Vice-Rector for International, Sofi Akopyan and Natalia Kruglova, employees of the Foreign office, Olesya Aparina, Head of the Department of Visas and Registration, Svetlana Pakhomova, leader of the Intercouncil of MPEI.
During the meeting, the Dean of the Foreign office Alexander Ankin informed the students of the main provisions of the educational laws of the Russian Federation, local regulatory legal acts concerning the academic discipline, intermediate course evaluation. Special attention was paid to the medical support of foreign citizens that temporarily reside in Russia. The need to comply with essential measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus which are required by the recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor, was clarified.
Head of the Lefortovo Campus Alexander Shepilov clarified the rules of residence in the dormitories and fire safety.
It is fair to say that the group of the students that receives the younger foreigners can be considered as a family of studentship that is free from the prejudices of social, racial, national and religious discord.
At the meeting, special attention was paid to prevention of extremism and terrorism spreading in the world’s student medium.
To prevent the expansion of narcotics, students were informed of the ways of youth involvement to the illegal turnover of psychoactive and narcotic drugs, as well as the criminal responsibility for those deeds.
The members of the Foreign office explained the peculiarities of study using remote educational technologies, principles of control for study attendance and prudence.
MPEI student community is a solid multinational society bound by peer loyalty and support in studying. It is free from any ideas of social, racial, national and religious discord.
The next meeting occurs in December and is dedicated to the order of passing the intermediate study evaluation.