Another meeting with foreign students
17 March, 2021, International Administration of MPEI carried out a meeting with foreign students.
It was held in mixed format - personally and remotely through the videoconference for foreigners residing at home.
The meeting gathered more than 100 students - members of the International Council of MPEI and representatives of 57 countries.
The event was organized in the framework of solving several tasks:
- inform students about the study transition to new federal state educational standards of the third generation;
- speak of the transition procedure and the schedule for the examination, completing and dealing with issues of cirricula;
- to sum up the results of the first stage of training in the spring semester of the 2020-2021 academic year;
- inform about changes in the recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor on the entry of foreign citizens into Russia;
- to prevent the spread of extremism and terrorism ideology;
- to avoid dealing with forbidden psychoactive and narcotic substances;
- to inform of the medical policy of the COVID-19 situation;
- to remind of considering the Rules of inner routine;
From the part of the administration and services of the University, the following persons took their word: Vice-rector on international relations Alexander Tarasov, Head of the department of Students’ Campus Alexander Shepilov, Head of the department of security Shamil Jamalov, employees of the Foreign Office Sofie Akopyan and Natalia Kruglova, Head of the Department of Visas and Registration Olesya Aparina, members of the International Council of MPEI.
Alexander Ankin, Dean of the Foreign Office emphasized the importance of complying with the demands of the general rules, medical support and COVID-19 policy requirements, as well as the main provisions of the law of the Russian Federation "On Education", local regulations related to the discipline and the organization of the educational process.
Shamil Aliev, Head of the Students’ Campus clarified once again the basic rules of fire safety and hostel routine. Olesya Aparina, Head of the Department of Visa and Registration stated the importance of the notions of basic laws of Russia that regulate the migratory issues of the country, i.e. entering, leaving, travelling and sojourning. The employees of the Foreign office described the features of the distant learning, attendance control and study events.
The meeting highlighted the situation of attempts to spread the ideology of extremism and terrorism in the world.
As a measure aimed at preventing the spread of narcotic drugs, the students were informed about the ways of involving young people in the illicit trafficking of psychoactive substances and narcotic drugs and criminal liability for committing unlawful acts.
The staff of the Foreign Office informed the students about the current situation regarding the students' attendance of training sessions and the implementation of control measures at the first stage of the spring semester.
All the responsible persons of the Administration pointed out that the studentship of MPEI is a consolidated multinational community that is united by loyalty to others and mutual help while studying, and is against the ideas of social, racial, national or religious discord.