Delegation from the Republic of Zimbabwe visits MPEI
28 November, 2022, a visit from the Republic of Zimbabwe to MPEI took place.
The delegation included:
- Dr. Eng. Willie Davison Ganda, Chief Director Innovation, Science and Technology;
- Prof. Desmond Manatsa, Chief Director – Centre for Education, Innovation, Research and Development;
- Mrs. Rebecca Kaviya, Director Legal
- Representatives of the ZINGSA space agency;
- Representatives of the Chinhoyi University of Technology;
- Representatives of the University of Zimbabwe;
- Representatives of the Harare Institute of Technology.
The delegation was greeted by Nikolay Rogalev, MPEI Rector, Alexander Tarasov, Vice-Rector on International Relations, Anastasia Mashkova, Director on Development of Integration Policy.
Within the framework of the meeting, a presentation about MPEI was demonstrated to guests. Then participants discussed cooperation issues in the creation of joint undergraduate and graduate programs and students and teachers exchange.
The delegation was given a tour of the Institute of Hydropower and Renewable Energy and the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering, during which the guests got acquainted with the modern equipment in the laboratories and with the activities of each institute.
Following the meeting, both sides agreed to organize cooperation in the following areas:
- Joint education;
- Development of academic mobility of students and teachers;
- Joint work within the framework of the consortium "Russian-African Network University" (RAFU).