National Research University "Moscow Power Engineering institute":
- is a member of International Association of Universities (IAU);
- participates in implementation of the European and International programs TACIS and INTAS;
- participates in the programs of UNESCO, UNIDO, International Agency of Atomic Energy; IEEE, INCORVUZ etc.
Education of foreign citizens at MPEI has begun since 1946. The specific departments were created in MPEI and in Lomonosov Moscow State University which taught Russian Language as a Foreign Language. MPEI Russian Language department being the oldest Russian department of such kind is actively working in this area now. During these years the high quality education and the degrees of Master of Science and Philosophy Doctor were received by more than 7.500 citizens from 85 countries of the world. Many MPEI alumni held and hold the high posts in their countries. MPEI diploma is highly appreciated abroad and many MPEI graduates work successfully in a number of countries in Europe, America, Asia and Africa and continue their education in foreign universities/ At present more than 900 foreigners from 65 countries are trained in MPEI.
MPEI has launched several international educational programs:
Beginning with 1995, the foreign student education fully in English was launched in MPEI on the specialty Computer Science and Informatics. From 1999, MPEI is graduating annually one group of Bachelors on its specialty and in 2001 the first Master of Sciences graduation took place.
MPEI and the Technical University of Ilmenau (TUI, Germany) with a help from DAAD and Siemens Concern have launched the additional training program for Russian students with the partial education in German language in the direction “Informatics and Computer Engineering”. Within the limits of this program, students study German language, attend lectures of TUI teacher in German language, visit Germany to get the language practice and to carry out he final project. In 2003 after successful fulfillment of MPEI and TUI educational program, the first MPEI graduates have got two diplomas from MPEI and TUI. This program graduates work successfully in the Russian branches of the German companies as well as in large Russian companies.
From 2008, MPEI has successfully launched the joint educational program with technical University of Laapenranta (Finland). Russian MPEI students participating in this program are trained in joint Master of Science course in such directions as Electrical Engineering, Power Electrical Engineering and Bioengineering with getting the two diplomas after graduation the joint program. These students are trained partially in Moscow and partially in Finland when the education is organized in English.
Co-operation between MPEI and Kirghiz State Technical University (KSTU) is organized in the directions of Electrical Power Engineering and Informatics and Computer Engineering. Partner-universities ensure to Kirggizia students the possibility to get the high quality education at Bachelor level in accordance with agreed educational programs with the partial usage of distant educational technologies. Moreover, MPEI conducts the qualification improvement for KSTU teachers.
The co-operation with Almaata Institute of Power Engineering and Communications (AIPEC) is the most interesting for us among various co-operation programs with the university of Kazakhstan. Together with AIPEC, MPEI ensures the fully distant education on the program of the second additional higher education in Economy and Management at Bachelor level.
MPEI is the main university of Moscow university Consortium “Moscow Universities in Mongolia” providing the educational services export of Moscow universities and organizing annual competition in Russian Language among Mongolia schoolboys and schoolgirls.
MPEI has the Agreements on Co-operation with 71 partner-universities from 35 countries and among them are the following:
- Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany
- Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen- Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
- University of Applied Sciences Erfurt, Germany
- Zittau/Gorlich University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- University of Applied Sciences Konstanz, Germany
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Chech Republic
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Ecole centrale de Lille, France
- University of Saint-Etienne-Jean Monnet, Saint-Etienne, France
- Groupe des Ecoles des Mines (GEM), France
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Arts et Metiers, Paris, France
- Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Technical University of Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Instituto Superior Politecnico Jose Antonio Echeverria CUJAE, Cuba
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China
- Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, P.R.China
- North China Electric Power University, Beijing/Baoding, P.R.China
- Northeast Dianli University, Jilin, P.R.China
- Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, P.R.China
- Razzakov Kyrgyz State Technical University, Kyrgystan
- Almaty Institute of Power Engineering and Telecommunications (Technical University), Kazakhstan
MPEI has the Agreements on Co-operation with the Electrical companies SIEMENS, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC and ABB.
Beginning from 2003, MPEI organizes the annual meeting of MPEI foreign alumni in Moscow, participates in different forums of Russian and Soviet universities alumni in different countries of the world.
Each year MPEI participates in international educational exhibitions and Russian university presentations which are arranged by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Russian Center of Scientific and Cultural co-operation with the foreign countries and foreign partners of MPEI. MPEI also takes part in different seminars of the Association of International Departments of the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
Serious attention in MPEI is attracted not only to foreigners’ education, but also to their health, leisure, interconnection between the students of different regions and countries. These points are controlled attentively by the MPEI Division of International Relations. The various excursions of cultural and cognitive orientation are organized for the foreign students and trainees, the evening parties are arranged. The culmination of this activity is related to the annual International Festival at which all MPEI students and teachers can be acquainted with the national habits of those countries, which the MPEI students came from.